Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Uniqueness, My Greatness

I am a big believer that we all have a Life Purpose or Soul Purpose, that is different for each and every person. We all have our Unique Gifts and I believe that when we are in the space that allows us to express our Uniqueness and Greatness, we feel alive. And the opposite of this is also true. 


I have been asking myself what is “My Uniqueness, My Greatness For The Glory Of God”? In being Christian I do believe that God has made us as unique beings (in his image) and by following the guidance of the Holy Spirit, listening to The Call, we can live our truth and serve God for the greater good of all.

Thanks to the Process of my Coaching Course I was able to discover my Life Purpose as “To Love and Serve, to Spread The Yellow, to Make A Difference” and lately I have been asking myself, am I living this everyday - or how can I better live this every day.

I love my work Coaching my Clients - it is wonderful and such an honour to be a Coach. The work that I love is helping Clients access their own truth, where they can be true to themselves in the daily lives - in their relationships and their work. I am committed to being an Integral Practitioner and so I challenge myself to live my highest potential by also being true to myself.

I have been working for four days in a company as a Team Leader/ Project Leader. I have enjoyed my job - I understand the work, I feel that I do it well, the company is local to my home - and yet I do not feel alive or energised. And in reflection, I feel that there is not the room to fully express my Gifts, my Self, my all, My Uniqueness, My Greatness.

I have been reading Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl which is based on his experience and learnings of being in a concentration camp and a quote I love is “it did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us.”

I have been praying, asking God, where can I serve, and asking him to open up opportunities for me. And I have been sitting with a sense of peace, trusting in God.

There have been signs and I am glad that I paid attention.

There was a small hint of possibilities when I was watching the clip on the Nature Care website from one of my previous teachers and she was talking about the Life Coaching Course and the opportunity to either work for yourself or use Life Coaching skills in a workplace.  Hmm... this sense of possibilities resonated with me...

The first real sign was how uncomfortable I was feeling at work when people in my workplace were making jokes and remarks about minority groups and people who have disabilities. I know that they were harmless remarks and were said without meaning to be offensive - and yet I felt so anxious and stressed every time I heard these remarks. My oldest friend is in a wheelchair and I am so aware of her huge ability and how amazing she is - and so any comments about people with disabilities makes me feel that I can’t breathe. This reaction got me thinking...

At Church I asked the Pastor to pray for me and she prayed that conversations would take place and there would be new possibilities for my Lifework.

I then went to a Coaching Workshop and was talking about my reaction to what was happening at work. Then after meeting fellow Coaches who were working in organisations where there is more room for them to share their skills, I felt Inspired to look at Seek on the computer. At that time I intuitively felt The Call to look at Recruitment Services for people who are unemployed and may also have disabilities. Instantly I felt excited and passionate and without any hesitation I started applying for positions.

I am now so excited that I have found a great new job. On Monday 18 July 2011 I start a new role as a Group Facilitator for job seekers and a Placement Consultant for adults and teenagers with short-term and medium-term disabilities. I am so excited that I feel that I will be able to use my Training and Life Coaching skills on a daily basis. I am not sure where this Journey will lead me, and I feel excited that I can show up with love and help people to see their own Uniqueness and Greatness so that they feel confident and Empowered to be the Creators of their own lives.

I feel excited that I am answering The Call of my Soul.

I have been reading Soul Currency by Ernest D. Chu, another brilliant book, and I love all of the stories that highlight the Uniqueness and Greatness of individuals:

- Walter Simonson studied a major in Geology, and everyone who did not know him thought that he was very serious - however he had a gift for drawing fantasy stories and on Saturday nights he would share his comics with his friends - his parents wanted him to study medicine - today Walt Simonson is one of the most beloved comic book illustrators and writers, his joy and talent show in illustrations in The Hobbit, Thor, X-Factor and The Making of a Sorcerer - he has reached the top of his profession

- As a young six-year old girl Author J.K.Rowling would write fantasy stories about rabbits in her diary, and through following her Soul Purpose and using her Uniqueness and Greatness has successfully written Harry Potter, a series that people all over the world love

- Kenny Kramm worked as a pharmacy technician in his family business, and when he had his second child, his little girl at only ten days old had a massive brain hemorrhage - Kenny and his Wife tried to give their Daughter medicines to help manage her cerebral palsy and seizures, yet their daughter would spit out the awful-tasting medicines - Kenny then started experimenting with harmless additives and flavours, where the drive to help his daughter and then the idea of helping other children has encouraged him in his work - today FLAVORx Inc is the leader in flavourings for medicines

- John Wood took a vacation from his high-stress job as a Microsoft Marketing Executive - he also had an intention to find meaning in his life - he went hiking in the Himalayas and visited a school where he noticed the school’s library only had a few books left behind by hikers - John Wood soon resigned from Microsoft and established Room To Read, an organisation dedicated to foster literacy in countries affected by poverty

- John Robbins went to Harvard and was being groomed to be President of the family business, Baskin-Robbins, one of the world’s largest ice cream producers - but he believed that ice cream contributed to “disharmony with our environment” and wrote the prize winning Diet For A New America.

Mother Teresa once said “It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of Love that is put into them that matters.” Love is what will Inspire me as I start my new job and commit to making a difference.




1 comment:

  1. Great post Kath. I hear your story. I'm in a similar boat. How can I use my skills to further assist people, and assist my own greater good. Lately I've find catching myself in some conversations where my passion just spills out of me! I applied for a new job recently as a Project Manager for a Coaching Company. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but the process itself has been a wonderful eye opener. Initiating me to ask myself questions. Congratuations on your new role - it sounds like you and very purposeful xoxo

    ReplyDelete