Saturday, March 27, 2010

Connection and Sharing

How fabulous to Connect with another.  And from that Connection, who can possibly know the impact that is created and swirls out to other Creations and Connections.  Being in Connection is a feeling of being in the essence of Spread The Yellow - and the feeling of knowing at a deep level that there will be a ripple effect from that original Connection.

Today I am grateful for time spent with my friend Beate.  We spent a lovely time being in each other's presence, allowing space for stories to be told, meanings to unfold.  Beate was telling me an exciting story, about her journey of getting her new job - I was on the edge of my seat, I wanted to turn to the last page of the book and find out what happened - but I sat, listening, with every part of my being, fully engaged in the story, fully wanting the best ending - it was a great happy story - we laughed and I felt happy in celebrations for Beate.  It would be so lovely to be able to slow down and enjoy spaciousness in all Connections - space for listening, space for just being in the space, space for acceptance, total presence.

It was also great sharing ideas, sharing resources and discussing books we are reading.  It becomes clear in these moments to always maintain the "I AM I, YOU ARE YOU" - as I often find myself excited by ideas or tempted to want to find out more about someone else's journey or get involved in something that is so awesome for them - and then I rememeber to just Trust my own journey and feel into what is right for me.

Beate offers the suggestion, recommendation about Facebook, that it opens up a whole new world - and it was just staring at me all this time - that Facebook offers the opportunity for Connection.  Other friends, including Beate, have offered up this recommendation to me - and now the time feels right - my Blog is teaching me the power of being true and real and being me.  And I am discovering that the best way to be me is to Connect and be in Relationship with others.  So thank you Beate - I have now uploaded my photo onto Facebook and have offered an invitation to be friends.  Hmm...  Connection - the possibilities...

I was also telling Beate about my Vegetarian Lasagne and she encouraged me to post this recipe on my Blog.  A special mention again to Christie who always inspires me with her cooking and sharing of her recipes.  So the other day, after wanting to cook vegetarian lasagne for so long I looked up a recipe on the internet - www.taste.com.au/recipes/14430/vegetarian+lasagne (see link if you are interested in cooking this delicious recipe).


I loved cooking the recipe (note the picture above is the image on the recipe webpage).  I loved the joy of selecting and buying all the ingredients from the fruit and vegetable shop, the deli and the supermarket - and loved the quiet time in the kitchen Connecting and Creating.  I loved Sharing time with my lovely boyfriend enjoying the lasagne.  I didn't realise when I was initially buying the ingredients that the Recipe Serves 10 - which was such a Gift as I was able to Share some lasagne with my close friends and family - I loved just being able to make that offering without any attachment or expectation.  My lasagne didn't look as fabulous as the recipe picture above, yet I was happy I had achieved something important to me - my goal of cooking new vegetarian dishes.



Part of Connection and Sharing for me, is also in the knowing when it is time to Connect and Honour myself.  Now that I am home - I am so happy to be home - time to relax and just enjoy the quiet.  Time to enjoy a cup of peppermint tea with a twist of honey, in my beautiful Japanese tea set that Gareth gave me for Christmas, also enjoying the Gift of my beautiful homemade tea tray that my friend Julie made me years and years and years ago that I still treasure - Julie painted the tray and painted "Kath's Cuppa" in bright Yellow.


It's really wonderful to slow down, time to read and then enjoy a meditation.  Time to Spread The Yellow to myself - so that I can recharge and Spread The Yellow to others.

1 comment:

  1. holy hell ur lasagna looks amazing (and huge)!! better than the online pic in my opinion - made with LOVE. beautiful

    ReplyDelete