Monday, June 14, 2010

Responsibility To Self-Develop

It has been a BIG few days.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was at College, another weekend of learning and transformation.  After spending so much time learning about the Power and Gifts and Strengths and Resources of my Yin and Yang, I have been learning more about Archetypes and learning to recognise and work with them in Coaching.

I love learning, for myself and my own self-development - I love all of the information that I receive from College and I also love looking up some more information to extend my understanding.  I have a Responsibility To Self-Develop.

I find a great summary of the Archetypes - that represent the Parts within us -
- http://www.educ.sfu.ca/mamchur/Archetypes.html
"* Ego Archetypes - Developing Our Relationship to the World, Developing Ourselves
- Innocent - Source of innocence and optimism; thinks all is good
- Orphan/ Everyperson - Feels alone and abandoned, then discovers the universe and becomes the Everyman: the part that longs to belong
- Caregiver - Nurtures and cares for others, protects self when needed
- Warrior/Hero - Makes goals, fights for the self, saves the day

* Soul Archetypes - Soul's Journey, Intimacy, Personal Identity
- Seeker/Explorer - Source of satisfaction: wants an end to the feeling of unrest; yearns
- Rebel/Destroyer - Source of strength: eliminates junk in self and society
- Lover - Source of forgiveness: searches for that which is sublime
- Creator - Offers Identity, answers what kind of life one wants to create

* Self Archetypes - How We Can Bring Our Best Selves Into the World
- Ruler - Claims own power for good or ill; wants to bring order to chaos
- Sage - Attains wisdom, seeks truth, handles ambiguity; matches methods to task at hand
- Magician/Trickster - Enables you to fulfil your dreams; combination of creator and destroyer
- Jester - Enjoys life and speaks the truth; lives in the in-between."

After spending time recognising my Yin and Yang within me and how to bring them into their power - my new area for Self-Reflection is to see the Archetypes within me and how they play out in my life, and how they can help me grow.

There are certain points that are recommended to be helpful in an Evening Review:
1. Which different Sub-Personalities were predominant at different times during this day?  What circumstances (inner or outer) made them emerge or withdraw?  Where there any conflicts between them?
2. What were the valuable qualities and what were the limitations outstanding in each Sub-Personality?  How did each help me or get in my way?
3. What did each want?  What would I like my life to be if it could have fully its own way?
4. Were my Sub-Personalities in harmony with what I wanted to do, or did I have to go along with them?  What part did I take in harmonising and directing them?

I decide to just look at my day and how I am feeling and thinking in relation to what I have learnt over the weekend - and see what emerges from my story.

This morning I choose to sleep in - I feel myself in CAREGIVER - happy to enjoy a lie in with my Man - I loved the extra sleep in.  There was no conflict here - I did not feel any other Archetypes come into play - I just loved the extra sleep.  I had woken up early this morning at around 4am, scared when I had a nightmare that a magpie was swooping to attack me - once, twice and then the third time as the magpie was about to hit me, I woke up hitting myself on the head.  So I am very happy to have a sleep in.

I do enjoy practicing an Active Imagination Exercise where I bring in this image of me preparing to be hit by the magpie and I have a sense of a WARRIOR Part to me, about to fight for myself, save me.  Hmm... interesting.  I do feel that I need to strengthen this Warrior Part in me - perhaps this is the message from my Soul speaking to me in my Dream.  I read about the Warrior in 'Sacred Contracts' by Caroline Myss - "Warrior - The Warrior Archetype represent physical strength and the ability to protect, defend, and fight for one's rights."

Over the weekend I have become aware that I am strong in my INNOCENT Archetype.  I read about this Archetype in 'Sacred Contracts' by Caroline Myss - "Child: Magical/ Innocent - The Magical Child represents the part of us that is both enchanted and enchanting to others.  It sees the potential for sacred beauty in all things."  The Fairytale that rings true for me is 'Little Red Riding Hood' - there is much in this for me in terms of the Innocent Archetype and the Wolf (Self-Critic).


I read the Fairytale "But when Little Red Riding Hood noticed some lovely flowers in the woods, she forgot her promise to her mother.  She picked a few, watched the butterflies flit about for awhile, listened to the frogs croaking and then picked a few more.  Little Red Riding Hood was enjoying the warm summer day so much, that she didn't notice a dark shadow approaching out of the forest behind her..."

Today I recognise the Innocent in me and that this can bring up the Wolf -  it happened over the weekend - the Wolf in others, very much the Wolf in myself - and today, just in very brief moments and misunderstandings, with my Man.  I can get Excited and enthusiastic and this can cause a reaction in my Man and then for a brief moment I feel myself being oversensitive and I feel myself shrink, just for a moment.  It is interesting in learning to look at these moment to moment interactions and reactions from a perspective of the different Parts of self.  I feel that there is something here for me - perhaps strengthening my Warrior to protect my Innocent - perhaps looking at my ways of communicating and my reacting to reactions (in my internal and external world).

I am Grateful for all that I am learning - and I love all my learning - and yet it does change everything - there is this new Awareness and Consciousness and I feel the Responsibility To Self-Develop.  My Mentor was talking about the importance of Self-Reflection and the importance of using this opportunity to Coach ourselves, which involves using this Awareness for changes.

I feel that the LOVER Archetype is one that is very relevant for me right now.  Over the weekend, I realised that it was a year ago that I ended a significant relationship that involved a lot of heartbreak.  I am so Grateful that I am now in a loving and healthy relationship.  And I am also realising that I may have let go of parts of myself or be protecting myself - I am not sure what is here, or what this is about - and yet I feel that this is an area to work on with my own Coach.  I also have a sense that my body is holding stress and tension - my sore back and neck - what is that about for me - I have a feeling that I am storing emotions. 

I read about the LOVER on this website
- http://www.educ.sfu.ca/mamchur/archetypelover.html
"Through the Lover archetype, we become aware of what MOVES us - in a sense, what calls to us on a deeper level."  Today I feel in the Lover Archetype and I love spending the day with my Man, holding hands and kissing and spending together.  I also love recognising beauty and trying on, and buying, beautiful tops made with beautiful materials - actually they are skirts and can be tops or dresses - there are 100 ways to wear them.


I just love looking at all the colours and clothing and jewellery and hair accessories.  It is interesting as I am not a Shopper and yet today I love just looking around at the Markets.  We also buy a Salsa Dancing DVD and I am Excited about dancing together.  I just have this desire to dance - I love music and dancing and want more in my life.

I also meet a lady who may be able to help in supplying some paper for an idea that I am looking to develop for my work as a Coach and as a product idea to sell.  In this instant I feel the CREATOR Archetype in me quite excited by the possibilities.  I love reading about the CREATOR Archetype "The artist, writer, poet tpes the maker of dreams, the inventor that discovers new ways of making new things and of unfolding new dreams.  The Creator Sub-Personality will assist you in making your life less stale, more flowing in conveying your ideas to others, contributing to the collective dreams of humanity."  I am Excited that I am definitely in touch with my Creator Archetype - NOW THAT'S EXCITING...

No comments:

Post a Comment