Sunday, June 6, 2010

Totally Present

I love being in touch with my Values, my guiding principles in my Life.  When looking at my Values which I have on the wall in my bedroom, the most important and largest driving force in my life is LOVE.


This weekend for me has been about spending time with my Loved ones, the people most important in my life.  With next week, being a 3 day Intensive weekend of learning, it has been nice to just relax this weekend. 

I loved spending yesterday with my Mum, Dad and my Man - just enjoying time together, chatting, laughing, walking, talking.  I love seeing my Mum well and happy.  We enjoyed a walk along the beach, a nice lunch, and then Mum and Dad came back to our home for afternoon tea.  Mum also loves playing the tennis game on my Man's computer game - Mum used to love playing tennis and hasn't played since she first became unwell two years ago.  It is great to see Mum loving the game and just relaxing and having fun.  It is great for all of us to relax and have fun.  


As everyone knows I love Yellow.  I love my Yellow tops, especially the one I wore yesterday.  I also put out into the Universe that I was looking for more Yellow tops - wanting the Law Of Attraction to work for me.  And I was delighted when my Mum and I went for a browse in the 'Tree Of Life' Store and I found and bought a new Yellow t-shirt that I just LOVE.  I love the image.  I can't wait to wear this to College next week.


I also enjoyed spending this morning with my Man and his Mum, having breakfast and chatting.  I don't enjoy shopping and yet I liked shopping this morning as I had a list of what I needed to buy - shopping with a purpose.  I certainly don't like shopping where I am just browsing the stores - I am not a shopper - except when I am buying presents for people that I love.

This afternoon I could have easily just relaxed at home, or did some work for College or my Business - and yet, I knew I couldn't wait to see my Nieces, I love seeing my Nieces.  And so I drove over, loved seeing their beautiful little faces light up when I get to the door and I hug them and I love just spending time with them.  Little Baby Brooke wakes up and I love just having her sit on my lap and feel in Connection with her, she cuddles in to me and there is nowhere else I would love to be.  My Dad and I then took Ashley, Olivia and Brooke to the park and we had a great time, I loved it, we all loved it - playing on the swings and the girls eating ice cream and watching the ducks in the river.


I love that Ashley wanted to dress similar to me with layers and a scarf.  She is so beautiful.  I will never forget when Ashley was born, my first Niece, the first baby I had seen within an hour or two of being born.  I'll never forget when my Brother walked down the stairs and we were all waiting that my Sister-In-Law was well and that their baby was born and he announced with so much joy "We've had a girl" - we cried and hugged and were so happy.  And when I first saw Ashley, I instantly fell in love with her - it must be incredible as a Parent, as I can't imagine experiencing more love then I felt in that moment when I saw Ashley.  It is easy to remember this moment, these precious moments, as I was Totally Present.  By being Totally Present I can bring back these happy, treasured memories so easily.  There are so many favourite times shared with my Nieces and by recalling these beautiful times, I can experience feelings of Joy - how wonderful!!!   

   
And now Ashley is turning 7 this year.  Time can go so quickly, and yet when I am Totally Present in the moment, I have no awareness of time, it is almost as if time stands still.  Today when I am walking with my Dad and my Nieces I am just in the moment with them, Totally Present, not thinking about anything else, not worrying about the time, just enjoying the right here and now.  I love seeing my Parents with my Nieces.  I just love my Family.


Olivia is definitely her own person - and I love that about her - she knows exactly what she likes and doesn't like - she loves her pretty clothes, she loves skirts and dresses that twirl.  Olivia also likes photos on her own - sometimes she will get in a photo with her sisters, today she doesn't want to be in the family shot - and that's okay.  I am just so happy to share this time with them.  They love walking and running by the lake, and Ashley loves doing cartwheels and little Brooke loves doing half somersaults (and we watch and enjoy with delight) and Olivia loves rolling down the grass incline.  I capture these moments in my mind's eye - to try and run around with a camera to capture every moment would take away the experience for me - I love taking photos and yet I love being right in the moment, Totally Present with my gorgeous Nieces.

We have a wonderful hour or two.  I love being in Nature with my Nieces, just being outdoors with them.  This is the suburb where I grew up and I always have a feeling of Home being here.  And then I see my Mum and that always makes me happy.

I am so Grateful that I have a Family that I love and that loves me and I am so Grateful to come home to my Man with whom I share my life.

I feel myself happiest when I am totally living in the moment - I find these words which resonate with me -
http://www.higherawareness.com/self-awareness/beingpresentquotes.html
"Many people live their whole lives lost in thoughts of the past and the future. Yet, we only truly live life when we are present to the moment. And being present means being fully conscious of what's going on so we can participate fully and appropriately in the opportunities that present themselves."

I have been doing so much study about Yin and Yang, that it has been wonderful this weekend to just be in the moment, not thinking or analysing or even (consciously) being a witness to myself.  I wonder what is happening with my Yin and Yang when I am Totally Present in the moment.  I have a sense that my Yin and Yang are in total harmony.  I read these words on line that feel true for me -
http://www.squidoo.com/yinandyangsymbol
"The Yin-Yang symbol represents the balance of opposites in the universe or said another way - balance and harmony. When they are equally present, all is calm. When one is outweighed by the other, there is confusion and disarray."

When I am Totally Present I feel my Yin and Yang Parts of myself embracing, holding hands, basking in the sunlight...

No comments:

Post a Comment