Sunday, May 2, 2010

Running For My Mum

So much for my Goal of not Running - I had just decided to take up Walking, due to my recent back trouble.  I had put my name down for the 'Relay For Life' and the timeslot for my part in the Team was 5.30-6.30am - another early start for us.  When I got there to the Team tent, the organiser told me that I was down for the Running Team - luckily I had my Running gear on under my layers of clothing.  Happily, I took up the Challenge - I felt that the Universe would support me - I'm Running For My Mum.



I do love Running.  And I Love My Mum.  It is wonderful being involved in the 'Relay For Life' - just so wonderful to participate in a Community Event. 

              

There were a lot of people walking and running.  I was really impressed with these two young guys who were so positive and energetic and cheering everyone - I instantly felt Connection with these two young guys and I asked them to send me positive energy and we would have a quick chat or 'high five' when I passed by them.

I was most excited that my Man, my Dad, my Brother, my Niece Ashley and my Aunty Maureen also came to the Event to walk.  I loved that they were all there with me.  My Mum was supposed to come, but she is not very well at the moment (luckily, thankfully, miraculously this is not cancer related - Mum is in remission). 

At first when I started Running, I thought that it would be a hard 1 hour - yet I knew in my heart that I was Running For My Mum and that gave me energy - it was easy to run and rise to the Challenge, knowing the battles that my Mum has fought and won.  Having my Family there was also wonderful since every lap I could say hello. 

And it was so great as Ashley ran with me every now and then - and she loved it, and I loved it, and I held her hand - we talked about school and how proud I am of her and how much I love her and how she is such a good girl, and how it is so good and so important that she looks after her Sisters.  And very importantly, in simple terms, I shared with her why we were there today, and that we were raising money and how important it is to help others - Ashley understood and said that she is raising money at her school. It was such a special morning and I can't wait to be involved again next year.  I loved that Ashley was also talking about coming next year and wanting her little Sister to come too - Olivia. 

I just love doing what I can do, even it means getting up early to run for 1 hour and raise some money - all acts of Community and Charity are in line with my Mission to Spread The Yellow.  My wish is that they find a cure - cancer is such a deadly, heartbreaking disease.  I am conscious that my Man lost his Father to cancer.  I am sad that his Mum has lost her Husband.  I am sad that I will never meet my Man's Dad.  I believe that he lives on through the stories (and I enjoy hearing the stories) and through my Man.  I believe that he is in heaven - no doubt that he is with his own Mum and that he has met my Nana and Papa - perhaps they are all having a beer together on a veranda in the clouds.

We had plans to go out today and see my friend at the Vegan Festival - and I was so Excited about going to visit all the great Vegan Stalls - yet once we were home, I didn't feel so good and found myself in bed having a rest and then spent the afternoon on the couch relaxing watching 'Avatar'.  Wow - what an incredible movie - I loved it - I LOVED IT!!! 

              

         
         

It is hard to put into words how wonderful this movie is - how it touches you.  How devastating to see Pandora's land and people being taken over by humans - one cannot help to think of our own Indigenous.  I love the love story, I love how he finds a "place among the people" (I am Inspired), I love how they greet each other with "I See You" (I love these words and the meaning and depth of these words), I love the acknowledgement of the energy of nature and energy of our ancestors, I felt touched when Jake thanked the animal when he killed it, I love that the female helicopter pilot saves the day and is her own person, rather than blindly following orders.

I love when he talks about trusting his body - what his body can do - hmm... this resonates with me.  I love Exercise and I am going to trust my body - feel into my intuition to get a sense of whether I should just walk or run or even swim or just rest. 

I really love when Jake said "You chose me for something, I will stand and fight, You know I will".  I am Inspired!!

I really love the ending - I watched it about 3 or 4 times.  I really love the ending song.  I love the words.

"I see you
I see you

Walking through a dream I see you
My light in darkness breathing hope of new life
Now I live through you and you through me
Enchanting
I pray in my heart that this dream never ends 

I see me through your eyes
Living through life flying high
Your life shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life as a sacrifice
I live through your love 

You teach me how to see
All that's beautiful
My senses touch your world I never pictured
Now I give my hope to you
I surrender
I pray in my heart that this world never ends 

I see me through your eyes
Living through life flying high
Your love shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life
I offer my love, for you 

When my heart was never open
(And my spirit never free)
To the world that you have shown me
But my eyes could not division
All the colours of love and of life ever more 

Ever more (I see me through your eyes)
(Living through life flying high)
Flying high 

Your love shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life as a sacrifice

And live through your love
And live through your life
I see you
I see you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igjSxrCXsMo


I am Inspired!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment