Monday, May 10, 2010

Stand Tall

I wake up with my 7am alarm - I am tired, I could stay in bed longer.  So, I stay in bed longer - pressing the snooze button every 10 minutes.

The best part of my morning is going for a Walk.  While I love Running, I have decided that Running is not right for me, right now.  It is difficult to give up Running - I feel fantastic when I run - and yet, I have pain in my back and neck and need to get my body strong again.  Otherwise, I end up just paying a fortune for treatments from my physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopathic, massage therapists. 

I do love Walking - in a different way to my love of Running.  Running for me is about fitness and getting my heart pumping and a Challenge to run farther and longer than the last run.  I just love the feeling of Running and love the sense of achievement after a run.  Running is my number 1 choice of activity.  And yet, for now, I will enjoy Walking.  I love the gentleness of Walking - the exploration, the opportunity to see the beauty in the world, the opportunity to be present.  I love being guided by my Intuition, letting my Yin decide the direction of my Walk and instructing my Yang to take the steps.   My time Walking is the opportunity to be with me, time for myself, time to Spread The Yellow to me, Self-Care, Self-Love.

There are so many sights I enjoy when Walking.  I love being totally present to enjoy the sights and sounds and delight my senses.  I like seeing these old palm leaves hanging over the fence like a man's beard.


As usual, I smell the red roses at a house on the corner - I just love smelling the roses - literally - the smell is beautiful.  Of course, I am also very lucky that my Man buys me flowers every week, and I have my own yellow roses at home.

I am led, by my Yin, to Gunnamatta Bay - I just love the park.  It is one of my favourite places.


As I Walk up through the park, I Run for about 2 minutes, just a brief Run on the grass to feel the joy of Running.  And then back to Walking.  I stand at the top of the outdoor ampitheatre and I wonder - if I was on this stage, what would I present - what could I share to Make A Difference to others, a difference in the world?


When I look at the photo above, I just love seeing the rays of sunlight - wow I love the rays of sunlight shining towards the ampitheatre.  If I had to stand on this stage, right now, I would talk about the Power of Yin and Yang in bringing life to your dreams, your Vision, your heart's desires - in bringing out the best in yourself.  Essentially, the meaning of my Coaching Business Logo.

    

My Yin guides me to go further into the park.  The Yang, thinking part of me, wanted to go and visit one of my favourite Trees in the park - and yet to my surprise, my Yin takes me in a different direction - and two Trees catch my eye.  At first I have a sense that they are one Tree, but they are two separate Trees. 

          

The beauty of these two Trees is that one Tree stands so tall, reaching for the sky, while the other Tree is bent and curved, and reaching in different directions.  I put my hand on the Tree that stands so tall - and ask for a message - and thank the Tree in advance for the Gift of its message.  I feel into the silence and I feel the energy and wisdom of the Tree.  I have a sense of the words - "Listen To Your Heart" - "Stand Tall".  I have been conscious of Listening to My Heart, as I tune into my Yin - and yet it is good to hear these words.  I especially love the "Stand Tall" message - I love these words - that I am living my truth and can be proud of who I am and that I am living my Vision.  I also have a strong sense of the Tree communicating to me that all of the energy of all of the Trees will support me and hold me and help me Stand Tall.  I also notice that half the Tree is in the sunlight, and half in shadow - this speaks to me - Balance.

I walk home Inspired!

When I get home I turn to my books.  I pick up 'She' by Kobi Yamada - I love these quotes
- "She ran ahead where there were no paths. Celebrate her bravery."
- "She went out on a limb, had it break off behind her, and discovered she could fly.  Celebrate her faith."

I also turn to 'Gaia Body and Soul' by Toni Carmine Salerno and find more perfect words - perfect for me to read today
- "By facing our fears and accepting them as valid aspects of who we are, we heal and become whole.  Instead of swimming against the current, life starts to flow naturally and we realise that most of the stress in our lives is simply the result of our inner fear and turmoil.  Fear clouds our ability to think and see clearly, so start to be aware of your thoughts.  When you find yourself thinking fear-based thoughts such as 'I should...' or 'I have to...', pause for a moment.  Instead of worrying about what you think you should do or have to do, ask yourself this question, 'What is it that I would love to be doing right now?' (I love these words) Transforming Fear = Liberation"

When I read these words I realise that I do have some fear - and yet in knowing my Vision, loving my Vision, I can work with my Yin and Yang to move me towards my Goals.

Just 45 minutes of Walking and also 5 minutes of Reading and Reflection - makes for a perfect start to my day.  And I have a great day - I go to work - I am Motivated to do my best and I exceed my Target.  And I get home from work and I am So Grateful that my Man is busy chopping up bowls of vegetables and makes dinner for us.

It is now great to be home relaxing... what a great start to the week - I am Inspired to Stand Tall...



No comments:

Post a Comment