Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clear My Clutter

Today was the big day to Clear My Clutter.

I am motivated to start as soon as I wake up - yet I have a run planned this morning - and I definitely like to exercise.  The Plan is to run for 50 minutes.  I felt the resistance at home, like my body was saying it didn't want to run - yet I pushed through the resistance - I have Goals - I 'must' run.  Yet after 12 minutes of Running, my body just stopped - I could not run anymore - my body was tired - my back was hurting, my left leg sore, I was just tired, not enough sleep.  So I listened to my body, my intuition, my Yin, and I feel free to enjoy a walk.  Of course my Overthinker Shadow is on stage - thinking and thinking and thinking - until I hear the loud noise of the cockatoos, flying fast towards the park - from all directions the cockatoos are flying - I am actually a bit scared - I think I am going to be hit by the cockatoos.  They definitely help me let go of the Overthinker part of me - the noise of the Cockatoos squawking, drowns out the noise in my own mind.  I then relax and enjoy a walk home - talking to the man who owns the house on the corner with the beautiful roses (where I smell the roses) - and running into my cousin and her gorgeous little boy.  It is a good morning.

I am tired, very tired - yet I made a commitment today to Clear My Clutter.  I like being clean, I enjoy housework, yet I always find that I prefer to be Blogging or creating, or reading - and so My Clutter starts to gather.  Today I am going to get organised - this is the plan - I know it will make me feel good that I have "everything sorted". 

I have a few habits that are not serving me -  my habit of continually putting paperwork, brochures, bills, books, paper, paperwork on my desk - Clutter, Clutter everywhere.


So I put on an Anthony Robbins CD - and I am motivated to get this job done.  I sort every piece of Clutter into piles, I sort into a folder, as well as throwing out the rubbish and sorting out some paperwork into the recycled cardboard bag.  I get out the cleaning cloth and spray and wipe and after 45 minutes I am feeling great - not so great that I have all these bills - yet I feel great that the Clutter is Clear.  And only 45 minutes - in my mind I had thought that this would take a long time and I had made all sorts of excuses, the Procrastinator (Shadow) was always around, putting it off until another day - and yet today, so easily, I got this area organised - this Clutter that has been piling up for weeks.


Here is another habit that I do not like - when I come home from work and without thinking, or much effort, I just throw my clothes over the lounge in the spare room - and they gather - and I still have the bags of clothes and my "gear" from when we went away - placed "neatly" on the floor - My Clutter. 


I am not perfect.  And I am not embarassed to show that I am human.  This takes me just 5-10 minutes to clear - sort between my cupboard and the washing.  The challenge for me is to keep it clear - everyday - it is not a huge challenge - it would just be a small Win.


I feel great that I have been successful in my Clear My Clutter Goal. 

I find an article on Google about "Clean Up Your Clutter" - it is interesting - "In many homes, the single biggest feng shui problem is clutter!  Clutter is both a cause and a symptom of stale, stuck energy. It blocks the smooth flow of chi through your space, weighs you down energetically, and keeps you stuck in the past. Clutter makes it very difficult to make changes, take advantage of new opportunities, or welcome new friends and experiences into your life.  A thorough cleaning and de-cluttering of your power spots is a great way to get new energy flowing!"  http://www.fastfengshui.com/9principles-5.htm

I just know that I feel free and happy and feel glad to be better organised - being organised, bringing in my Yang energy is important in helping me move forward in the creation of my business - I am so glad that I am sharpening these skills.

Tonight I go out with my Man and we walk along the beach, kiss, enjoy tapas and wine - we have a great night - it is nice to Connect, Be In Love, Spread The Yellow to each other.  And I love coming home to a Clutter Free Home - YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment