Saturday, April 24, 2010

The BIG Things

"The little things in life?  The little moments?  They aren't little.  They often turn out to be the most memorable and meaningful things we encounter.  We may not recognise them while they are happening, or have the words to describe how they make us feel... If we sat down to think about the precious little things in life - those that make our lives more vibrant, connected and inspired - we would find genuine, heartfelt moments that shape our lives and make us who we are." 'The Little Things' by Kobi Yamada


Today I am grateful for the little things that are The BIG Things:
- Sleeping in with my Man (so nice to just relax together)

- Lunch with friends - catching up, chatting, laughing, sharing, caring (naturally a time of Spread The Yellow)


- Buying a Yellow coffee table to be used in my work when meeting with Clients - Yellow - Yay!!


- Afternoon tea with my Mum and Dad - so lovely to share time together - I am Grateful, I AM SO GRATEFUL for these moments with my Mum and Dad - love sharing stories, laughing... lovely

- Home now with my Man - HAPPY to be at Home - Happy to have a Home - HAPPY to have a GREAT MAN in my life

- Vegetarian cooking - today I made a nice Vegetarian risotto - love making home-made meals and sharing them with my Man

- Dancing around the lounge room, my Man twirling me - we laugh and kiss.


I Love to make time to reflect and appreciate The BIG Things - for me it is about being present to these moments - I really like this quote -
"We do not remember days, we remember moments" Cesare Pavese


I was talking to a friend today and he asked me what I Blog about - I explained that I just write about my journey and what Inspires me for the day.  What I write about may seem to be small, and today may just seem like an ordinary day - yet to me, these are The BIG Things and I AM SO GRATEFUL.  I like to appreciate the extraordinary in the ordinary.

And the most important Priority in my life is my Man, my Mum and Dad and Family and friends.  People are always the most important priority to me.  I am just so glad that I have found life Balance now - no longer working on weekends - so much more time to enjoy time with those I love. 

This morning I was reading a small book 'Because Of You' by Dan Zadra - I like what he writes - "Some of the best and most important people in our lives may never show up on the 11 o'clock news or see their names up in lights - but the world would definitely miss them if there were gone." 

He asks "What kind of people will make your everyday heroes list?" - I AM SO GRATEFUL that I know the answer to this question...

1 comment:

  1. YOu know I love reading your blog and again, I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG! I get so much inspiration from you Kath, and seem to be filled with more and more YELLOW everytime! I love how you've written about the little things actually being the big things - I can so relate! But I think I've forgotten a bit of it lately. So thank you for the gentle reminders :)

    I am excited by every word you write, by every vegetarian dish you create, by every moment of joy you share.

    You're a little big thing in my life :)

    ReplyDelete