Sunday, April 11, 2010

Getting to Know My Yin-Yang

WOW!!!  I have had an amazing 3 days Getting to Know My Yin-Yang.  And this is just the beginning of My Journey...

In living in Cronulla - it is so common to see the Yin-Yang symbol in surf shops, on cloths, surfboards - this symbol is familiar to me - yet this weekend was an incredible opportunity to deepen my understanding of the power of Yin-Yang.


Yang (head) = action, movement, getting things done - it is logical, organised - provider, protector.

Yin (heart) = intuitive, spiritual, creative, feelings, emotions, magic, mystery - nurturer, carer.


For a very long time I have been living in the world of Yang - corporate, hard work, long hours, processess, systems, analysis, details, planning, action, to do lists.  In the jobs which have just been totally Yang or more Yang then Yin, this has been a source of stress for me.  And in looking back in my career, there have been times when there was a balance between Yin-Yang - and I was happiest in these jobs, these jobs brought out the best in me - I was able to Shine!! 

I am now loving being back with my feminine energy - I am meditating, walking with inspiration and following my intuition, enjoying colours and drawing and writing - allowing space for possibilities.  However, it is almost now that I am so back in Yin, that I am not taking action or getting too detailed since I don't want to go back to living in total Yang - which has memories of feelings of being uncomfortable and stressed.  And yet, I have learnt this weekend that Yang is not a bad thing - I need Yang to get things done - to help me give birth to all my ideas that get me so excited and passionate.  I have learnt that I need Yin and Yang. 

It is difficult to explain or put into writing the power I have experienced of what happens when Yin and Yang merge - when they work together - it is a love story within.  The feminine Yin and masculine Yang coming together to give birth to the light within (My Vision and Purpose to Spread The Yellow).  And then there is this energy and light and greatness and brightness that comes from the union of Yin and Yang who come together in love.  These are a couple of shots of my visual that expresses the Yin and Yang for me:


I love the Creative Processes to get away from our Left Brain, Masculine, Logical Part of ourselves (Yang) and embrace the Right Brain, Feminine, Creative Part (Yin).  I loved getting out my crayons and pencils and textas and paints.  I also loved that we had the opportunity to explore writing a Haiku Poem - this was a wonderful process - the Poem has 17 words - 5 on the first line, then 7 words on the next line, and then 5 words on the next line.  This is my Haiku Poem that captures in a written way, the power I experienced, in feeling into my Yin-Yang energy:
Bright, Yellow, Light Sunshine Child
Beautiful, Graceful, Spirited Woman - Stable, Loving Man
Union, Love - Energy, Life, Growth

I love these words - they resonate with me - resonate at a deep level - I can feel them, I can see them, I can feel into this light within me, just wanting to burst forth in colour and energy and rays of light.  These words inspire and energise me.


The Project I am setting myself is:

1. To get to know the Union of Yin-Yang, feminine-masculine, these 2 Parts of myself - not as separate or competing entitites that abandon each other or isolate from one another - but that embrace each other, support each other, work together.  The Project I am setting myself is to understand the Union - the coming together in Love - getting to know the Love Story of my own Yin and Yang - my feminine and masculine

2. To bring these 2 Parts of myself together in birthing my dreams - loving and protecting the spark and yellow inside me - and then through their Union they are able to make it happen - by feeling into the creative tension between them - holding the creative tension.  Yin is in the magic and mystery and ease and flow of life - and Yang waits.  Yin will feel into her intuition and guidance and will have a knowing when it is the right time to act and will know the right action to take - and Yang who has been a rock, stable and strong and waiting will step into action - will move forward with power in a clear direction...


This is about me Getting to Know My Yin-Yang... Welcome to My Journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment