Monday, April 19, 2010

Today - Making It Count

Today - Making It Count - this has been my Inspiration for today.

This morning, before I headed out for a run, I felt intuitively guided to read a passage from my book - Love Life by Kobi Yamada - I just love these quotes -

"Love Today"
"Here I Am, Where I Ought To Be"
Louise Erdrich

"Love The Ordinary"
"Normal Day, Let Me Be Aware
Of The Treasures You Are.
Let Me Learn From You, Love You,
Bless You Before You Depart.
Let Me Not Pass You By In The
Quest Of Some Rare And
Perfect Tomorrow."
Mary Jean Irion

Love these quotes - that Inspire me for my Day.

I head out the door to go for my run, feeling good.  When visualising my run this morning (while lying in bed), I feel Inspired to run towards the beach - so this is the plan.  I know the destination and yet remain open to the twists and turns. 

My Yin part of me loves being in the moment - reminding my Yang to not fall into the mind, to put the Overthinker away for the run.  Each time I come to a crossroads I feel my Yin, my intuition, guiding me where to go next - and then my Yang keeps my legs moving, my Yang is literally my feet on the ground. 

I reach the beach and check the time - I have been Running 20 minutes - my Goal is to beat 36 minutes - I set my Goal of 43 minutes - Today - Making It Count!!  My Yin guides me to run on the beach - my Yang gets concerned, knowing that it is tougher running on the sand - my Yang (the logical, analytical part of me) starts worrying that I may not make it to 43 minutes - yet my Yin softly, quietly whispers to Yang (her beloved) "we can do this, we can make it - just head close to the beach" - and so I run along the sand, feeling Inspired, Energised, and I love being close to the water.  I run, and run and keep on running.  And I feel so happy.

I learn a lot on the run - running for me has always taught me many lessons - an analogy for life.  This morning, while I was running towards the beach, I started thinking 1000 steps ahead - starting to worry that it would be so tough running up the hill - this is my Overthinker again, taking over - my Yin reminds her Yang to just be in this moment and take one step at a time.  Great life lesson.  Even as I am writing these words, I see a wall hanging on the back on the front door - "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift". 

For the second half of my run, I feel so in the moment - happily running - my Yin and Yang are in total harmony.

I go to work, I work, I give my best to Today and I look at all the positives, I come home from work. 

My Man also demonstrates Today - Making It Count - I get home from work and he has filled my vase with yellow and pink roses (my favourite colours) - it is not my birthday, or an anniversary - he just loves me.

I am feeling very tired now - my Yin-Yang, in fact every part of me, wants to get ready for bed.  And yet, I am very excited - that in Today - Making It Count, I have been in regular communication with the great graphic designer who is designing my Logo and Business Card.  I am excited - I feel my business is coming to life... and I can't wait to get started Coaching...  here is my Logo...


1 comment: