Monday, April 12, 2010

Delight of Dolphins

What an amazing morning. What a wonderful day – with the Delight of Dolphins – and also getting to know my Yin and Yang.

After feeling tired and deciding to listen to my Yin and my need to rest rather than run – I enjoyed a lovely relaxing walk – that took me past the house of roses (where I stopped to smell the roses) and led me to the Esplanade and around Cronulla. Just as I was heading towards the beach at South Cronulla, I saw some ladies looking out at the water – and to a wonderful surprise – a wonderful surprise – there was a school of dolphins – maybe 10-15 dolphins.



My writing cannot capture the beauty of the dolphins or the joy of the experience. Watching them moving and swimming and diving above the water. I was mesmerised. Joy. Present. I could have stayed all day to watch them. So many walkers just stopped and watched – all of us – witness to their beauty. It was funny seeing a man snorkelling – he was near the rocks, his back turned to the beauty of the dolphins – I thought it was interesting (and this is my interpretation) that he was so focused on the small fish – that he just had to turn around, change perspective and look out from the water and just see the amazing dolphins – in him looking so closely for beauty, he was not seeing the beauty that literally was surrounding him. I was also surprised to see a man sitting on the balcony of his waterfront unit reading his newspaper and not noticing or paying attention to the beauty and life surrounding him – not sure if this is the judge in me making these observations – and maybe it is just me, seeing the lessons from witnessing the missing out of beauty. I loved seeing the 4 young boys on their surf boards just sitting and watching, being present to the dolphins, paddling a little closer, but not too close, not getting into their space, just respecting their space.

Tonight I looked up Dolphins and found many beautiful qualities that describe the energy and healing of dolphins – joy, movement, flow, love, abundance, acceptance, healing on all levels of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual, deep inner peace, permission to play, more freedom, less fear, harmonious relationships, opening of the heart, connection, unity, community.

I would have loved to sit there for longer – my Yin part of me wanted to stay and I had to negotiate with my Yang who was reminding my Yin part that I had to go to work. It is interesting getting to know my Yin and Yang – my Yin is the part that sits on the grass, being in a trance watching the dolphins, loving the dolphins – my Yin is the part that notices the butterflies – my Yin smiles and has a chat to others – my Yin is the part that hears the birds singing – my Yang is the part that knows it has to go to work – that gets organised to get to work on time.

After learning about Yin and Yang, and in my adventure to get to know them – the feminine and masculine parts of myself – I am embracing the child energies inside myself. The Yin being a young girl – childlike, innocent, playful, creative, natural, inquisitve, joyous, carefree. The child Yin in me would have loved to have stayed and watched the dolphins, then ran through the sand and built sandcastles and write in the sand, and then colour and draw. Yet my Yang has responsibility and has a job to do today. Today, it was like my Yang small boy going to school, and my Yin doesn’t want to go – but my Yang boy promises my Yin girl that I can go for a walk in the sunlight at lunchtime. While at school (work) my Yang gets the job done, focused and organised, following instruction – and every now and then, my Yin girl gets to have a laugh or a chat with another – and as promised gets to venture out at lunchtime. After work, my Yin girl is excited – Yin gets to play with colour and images in working with a graphic designer in developing a business logo.

I love when I get home and my lovely boyfriend has made dinner and my Yin, my feminine shares the excitement of the day. He was lovely to get the DVD “My Girl” - which is a beautiful movie about innocence and growing up. What I love is enjoying the story of the young girl Vada and her hanging out with her best friend Thomas. Thomas is her sounding board and companion – I loved watching Thomas just sitting and waiting for Vada as she went in to see the doctor. Thomas is Yang – stable, loving, present to Vada’s Yin. This is Yin and Yang in purity. Just watching them riding their bikes, happy together – you can feel the joy and energy.




It is fun to revisit a heartwarming story and step into the world of children.  I do not have a clear image yet of my own child feminine Yin and boy Yang - right now I am just getting to know them.  By being a witness to myself I can see Yin and Yang in communication with each other – they negotiate, sometimes they demand, sometimes they make requests of each other, other times they feel abandoned and are separated - the great times are when they are in awareness of each other, take care of each other, make space for each other, embrace each other.  The key for me is to have them in Communication, Communion, Connection with each other – so that they may work together for the highest good.

My wish is that I can best enable Yang and Yin - the two powerful energies of myself - my feminine and masculine parts - my head and my heart - to work together to bring about my heart’s desire – at the heart is my Miss Sunshine – my desire to Make A Difference and Spread The Yellow...


No comments:

Post a Comment