Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Wins Of The Day

One area I love about Coaching, among so many great postive aspects, is Celebrating Wins - Weekly Wins, Daily Wins, small Wins, big Wins, all Wins in our life.

Today I would have liked to get back out there running again - this would have been a great Win for me - yet as soon as I made a move out of bed, I felt my cold still lingering - so I decided to set myself some other Goals and launched into the day.  My ability to trust myself in knowing that I needed to continue to honour myself, by not pushing myself - that in itself is a Win for me.

Of course, I still had a whole plan of what I wanted to achieve for the day - get out early, grocery shopping for the salads to make for Easter Sunday lunch, get home, some housework, write and finish my Fairytale assignment for College, make one of the salads for tomorrow, plus clean my car.

I am aware of the ambitious part of myself, where I like to try and get a lot done.  This part is often hand in hand with the other part of me that is rush, rush, rush, go, go, go.  What I am realising, is that the greatest joy, is leaving space to be flexible.  I have discovered this lovely part of myself that is enjoying just being in a more relaxed mode.

As it turned out - I had the lovely opportunity to run into a friend at Cronulla (as I was sitting relaxing having a juice - certainly relaxing, no part of me showing signs of 'I have to rush and get on with my day') - and it was nice to Connect.  I also had the chance to Connect with my friend from College - just as I was about to sit down and write my Fairytale, I was having a quick look on Facebook, and had my first live chat - it was great - and it was nice to just share a space and share.  I really love these times, these unexpected times, when there was no plan, and what may seem to be a concidence, turns into a great time of Connection, no matter how brief - these times are definitely beautiful moments of Spread The Yellow.  These Connections are definitely part of My Wins Of The Day.

Another small Win to add to my list is that I bought 'Olive Leaf' Extract from the Health Food Store at Cronulla - and I am feeling that this will help me rebuild my strength (and stop this cold from taking hold) - so that I can get back out there Running.  Another Win is that I bought a Herbon Soap from the Health Food Store - palm oil free, help protect the Orang-utans.  I was surprised that the lady from the Health Food Store didn't know about palm oil and the Orang-utans - but then, I've also been living in ignorance for so long - so I shared an insight with the lady and happily bought my soap.

In terms of my Fairytale - well the ambitious part of myself, often gets overambitious, and so in terms of my plan to write and finish my Fairytale, well this Goal was not achieved.  And there was still a Win - I did get started and I found some great images that inspired me.  

I am also excited because I did achieve another Goal (after stopping my Fairytale for the day) - which is top of My Wins Of The Day.  My Goal has been to learn how to cook more vegetarian recipes, so that I can Spread The Yellow through the sharing of good, healthy food and also just enjoy the process of creation.  Feeling inspired this morning I had Googled Chickpea and Couscous - and found a great recipe - and so I set about making it this afternoon.  The recipe stated that it would take 8 minutes preparation + 6 minutes cooking = 14 minutes - well it took me 30 minutes, then 25 minutes to clean up - but it was so well worth it - I loved the chopping, and the grating, and the juicing, and the blending - I loved taste testing the finished Vegetarian salad with my boyfriend - tastes amazing - and it looks great.  This is a must make recipe!!!


CHICKPEA & COUSCOUS SALAD

8 minutes preparation + 6 minutes cooking
16 serves of vegies in this recipe - Serves 8

1½ cups vegetable or chicken stock
2 teaspoons ground cumin or curry powder
1½ cups couscous, uncooked
425g can chickpeas, drained
3 medium tomatoes, finely diced
¼ cup parsley, chopped
2 spring onions, sliced (include green tops)
Rind of 1 lemon or orange, grated
Juice of 2 oranges (150 mL)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Bring stock to the boil and add cumin. Remove from heat and mix in couscous.
Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes until stock is absorbed. Mix in remaining ingredients.
Serve warm or cold.

Variation - Substitute tomatoes with 1 red capsicum. Replace spring onions with ½ cup finely chopped red onion.
http://www.gofor2and5.com.au/


Another great part of my day was watching the Wins of others – watching the Open Women’s Beach Flags competition on tv, while having some lunch. I normally don’t like watching sport on tv, I would rather be live with the action - yet I was fascinated to watch this race.  It is a modern day musical chairs event – racing to get a flag, then 1 athlete gets eliminated, then the race is repeated, and another athlete gets eliminated, and on goes the race until there are just 2 athletes left competing for the Title – and then we have a Winner. It was really interesting to watch – Melissa Howard won the National Title – she was clearly in the lead every race. No doubt this was a BIG Win for Melissa Howard, defending her Title – and I believe it is also a Win for all the competitors. I am always in admiration of athletes and competitors – their ability to train and train and perfect their sport and get in there and have a go – their decisions and commitment and determination - they are all Winners. They are all Winners when they give their best.  They are all Winners when they congratulate other competitors, being graceful and supportive when they do not come 1st in the race. It was great to watch this Event.  While a big part of my journey is to be conscious of celebrating My Wins Of The Day - I am also honoured to be of witness to the Wins of others. 

I have had a great day!!  I am also feeling very happy and Yellow as Gareth gave me some beautiful sunflowers and put them in my beautiful crystal vase.  I am lucky to have a thoughtful, lovely boyfriend.



I am feeling so Yellow that I can be in Celebration of so many My Wins Of The Day - today - and everyday - it is a choice for me - I can choose to remember to choose this way of seeing my world - putting on my Yellow lenses.  For me, it is just a case of being in the moment, and paying attention, and bringing in the awareness of what is working, and what brings joy, celebrating and being joyous for the small steps along the way.  For me, I also want to remember to create space for the flow of Wonder, Surprises, Magic, Mystery, Miracles, Synchronicity...

I am open to the guidance of Synchronicity, and do not let expectations hinder my path.” Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment