Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nurture Thyself

Today I was glad to once again wake up before the alarm - it feels more natural, less pressured, so peaceful, quiet - like the Universe knows when I have had enough sleep.  The alarm was set for 7am, yet at 6.30am I was awake, and happy to feel so relaxed, without the need to rush. 

I loved that I had time, plenty of time... so I started my day with a Meditation.  I really enjoy meditation - it is just a beautiful time to connect with myself, I love the feeling of relaxation and a deep peace.  I love the images and insights that I receive with grace. 

I was also happy to have a walk this morning - I just love walking.  When I am not running, I love to walk - not a power walk - just a relaxing walk - with no destination in mind - just a stroll, trusting the flow.  I do love when I find myself walking past the house with the beautiful garden of roses.  I always stop and smell the red roses - they are perfect - and the smell is beautiful. 

Being in Connection with the roses, brings me into the moment and gets me out of my head.  I just love when I am in tune with my Senses - how lucky I am to have the Gifts of sight, smell, sound, touch, taste.  How often I can be busy doing 2 or 3 things at once, as I am busy multi-tasking, that I find myself not in the moment.  Smelling the roses for even just a minute is a beautiful Gift and joyous part of my day.

While smelling the roses is a moment of quiet and silence - within a few minutes, I find that me stopping to smell the roses can sometimes be a conversation starter - if others see me smelling the roses, they may comment as they walk past me.

And I really love the energy of Connection with others - the hellos, the smiles, the small acts of Spread The Yellow.  I love that the area is such an active area - so many people are out and about, walking, running, riding, swimming, paddling, surfing. 

I have been blessed to meet new people along my journey - the other week I had a lovely conversation with a fellow walker John and we enjoyed chatting and walking for about 40 minutes, it was a nice surprise to meet a local and hear about his journey - and then today I was chatting to a friend of a friend of a friend and it was nice to just share a space and chat.

I love conversation, I love hearing about people's lives, what makes them happy, their rising above their challenges, seeing them Shine - when they are sharing their enthusiasm or passions and their eyes light up.  I feel very happy that my lifework is a Transpersonal Life Coach - it is such an honour to share space and conversations with others and walk with them on their journey.

In my own journey as a Coach, I find myself so excited about starting my business in 1 month - so excited!!  I am busy sketching and colouring and designing logos and have to get busy compiling my 'to do' list and timelines.  I was gifted today with an email from my friend, where I will also be able to work from her Physiotherapy Clinic - so I now have 2 wonderful spaces which I can make available to my Clients.  I am blessed.  I am so grateful.

And yet with so much to do - today and tonight I make the time to "Nurture Thyself" - these were the words of Massage Therapist and Naturopath, Alahna Witts, Evolve With Nature - and these words resonate with me.  Tonight I went for a Massage with Alahna - at the Cronulla Bookstore, where I will also be working - I wanted to take up Alahna's Autumn Special of $45 for an hour massage. 

And yes, what a wonderful way to "Nurture Thyself" - it was such a wonderful massage - so relaxing- such a wonderful Gift to myself.  Alahna of Evolve With Nature, has a Gift - I will definitely be back again.

Meditation, smell the roses, massage... I love that I have space and time to "Nurture Thyself" - and rather than change the pace back to do, do, do and rush to try and get some more College work completed - I'm feeling that it is the perfect night to sit back, enjoy my peppermint and honey tea and have an early night...

I feel that through making time for my own Self-Care, I will have the energy and capacity to best care and best serve others...


"Simple kindness to one's self and all that lives is the most powerful transformational force of all."  David R. Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment